Fifth Wedding Anniversary Or the Wooden Weddings Meaning
The Wooden Wedding Anniversary symbolizes the five years of marriage and is the first great occasion to celebrate for the couple. In fact, the wooden anniversary meaning shows the memorable first anniversary since the wedding day and as such, it is worth it to be commemorated in an unforgettable way.
Every year and according to a tradition that comes from medieval times, it is customary for the couple to exchange gifts that are made of the material that corresponds to this year’s anniversary. In this case, gifts that are made of wood will have to be made.
The wood symbolizes the stability of the marriage and also the communication and dialogue that are part of the foundation that has sustained it until now.
Table of Contents
- Fifth Wedding Anniversary Or the Wooden Weddings Meaning
- What are wooden weddings?
- TRADITIONAL AND MODERN GIFTS, ANNIVERSARY SYMBOLS
- GIFTS FOR WOOD WEDDINGS
- IDEAS TO CELEBRATE THE WOODEN WEDDING
- LIVING THE WOODEN WEDDING
- PHRASES FOR THE WOODEN WEDDING
Wooden weddings symbolize the five years of marriage, 1825 married days. A date that is worth celebrating in an unforgettable way. Join us! Discover the best ways to spend this special day with your partner!
What are wooden weddings?
Wood is a strong and long-lasting material that accompanies us in many ways throughout our lives. Trees are majestic entities that, year after year, grow more and more robust. Just like your love. In addition, they also symbolize strength and wisdom and just like in a marriage, they develop strong and deep roots.
For this reason, when the couple reaches five years of marriage, they celebrate the wooden wedding. In this way, the symbolism of the trees and the hardness of this material are related to one of the moments in which a marriage is most strengthened. A stage of achievements and new goals on the horizon.
TRADITIONAL AND MODERN GIFTS, ANNIVERSARY SYMBOLS
|Traditional gift – UK||Wood|
|Traditional gift – USA||Wood|
|Traditional gift – Spain||Wood|
|Traditional gift – Germany||Wood|
|Traditional gift – Russia||Wood|
|Traditional gift – France||Wood|
|Traditional gift – Italy||Wood|
|Flower gift||Daisy flower|
|Gemstone gift||Pink quartz|
GIFTS FOR WOOD WEDDINGS
As we have indicated before, according to tradition the couple must exchange gifts that are related to wood. This custom also applies in the event that family members or friends wish to make gifts to the couple to celebrate their Wooden Wedding
- A picture frame . A wooden photo frame looks good in any home and in this case it will also include a photo of the couple, perhaps from the wedding day or perhaps a special moment that they shared during that fifth year of marriage. It can be engraved with the names and some special date.
- A comb . Although it may seem like a too simple gift, there are several models of wooden combs to choose from and it can also be engraved to make it a special commemorative object of the anniversary.
- Ring . For the occasion, the couple, or one of the two, can order matching wooden rings that are engraved with the names of both and the date of the Wooden Wedding. These rings can be worn on the finger or also as a pendant.
- A puzzle . A wooden puzzle is an original gift that will also make the couple spend a lot of time together while trying to put the pieces together. It is best to give it as a gift unassembled so that as the puzzle progresses, the surprise it holds is revealed: a photo of the two of them, the landscape of a place they visited or anything that may be special for both of them.
- A toothbrush . It is a different, personal and fun gift. As always, the key is to personalize them so that, in addition to being an everyday object for daily use, they also become something meaningful that reminds the couple of their first five years of marriage.
- A keychain . To make this gift, imagination and creativity is the limit, since a large number of motifs can be chosen, each one more original. The important thing is to take into account the tastes and hobbies of the couple to know what reason to choose to get unique and personalized keychains that are also special.
- A music box . It is a different and decorative gift but, in addition, it can become something very special and evocative if the song that sounds when opened brings back happy memories to the couple.
- Some accessories for the kitchen . If the couple celebrating their five years of marriage are fond of getting into the stove, wood gives us many possibilities: cutting boards, ladles, jars … There are wooden objects of all kinds for the kitchen that the two can use and share when cook your favorite dishes.
IDEAS TO CELEBRATE THE WOODEN WEDDING
Without a doubt, it is worth organizing something special to celebrate the five years of marriage, the first important anniversary from the day of the wedding. Here we leave some ideas to spend that day.
- A carriage ride . It is a romantic option and also fun. In addition, if in the city where the couple lives there is no possibility of renting a car to take a walk, they already have the perfect excuse to travel to some place where they can carry it out.
- Go rural house. This plan is still closely related to the Wooden Weddings, what is more natural than spending a weekend in a rural house in the middle of nature? If possible, you can order a special breakfast catering with plenty of fruits and juices.
- Eat outdoors . It can be simply eating in the garden of the house, and if you do not have it, go to have a barbecue in the country or reserve a table in a special place surrounded by nature.
- Go on a picnic . Another occasion to enjoy nature can be to organize a picnic in a special place or in a place where the landscape is especially beautiful or represents something specific for the couple. Even the moments leading up to it can be fun as the two of you prepare the food and drink to bring to that picnic.
- One day at sea . We are not referring to just any day at the beach but to do something special at sea. Maybe rent a house that is near the sea or even a boat in which to sail alone, away from the world and the routine. If the economy does not allow this outlay, another option is to look for a lonely cove, a bend where there are no people, to spend the day together, with food and drink and the waves as a witness to the celebration.
- Visit a National Park . What better way to celebrate the Wooden Wedding than by visiting a National Park that is especially known for the beauty of its forests? Seeing the strong and firm trees, the couple will have in front of them the symbol of the five years of marriage.
LIVING THE WOODEN WEDDING
This anniversary can be celebrated alone or turned into a party for those closest to you. In either case, it can become much more symbolic and fun if wood is used as the center of the decoration of this celebration.
The simplest thing is to use wooden bowls, tables to put food and wooden coasters as main elements when serving lunch or dinner, be it a snack or something more formal. For the occasion, you could order a large wooden tray on which the couple’s names have been engraved with the wedding date.
Several wooden frames with photographs of the couple from the wedding day until the moment of the celebration can also be placed in the main room, usually the living room or living room, to remember the first five years of marriage. If possible, you can include photos in which the guests to the celebration also appear so that they feel part of the moment.
For a more rustic decoration you can use small wooden boxes or pallets as flower pots to give a more lively and natural air to the party.
A special and intimate touch can be provided by wooden candle holders that provide a warm atmosphere to the celebration.
If there is a handyman in the couple, or perhaps both are , wooden hearts can be cut to decorate the place where the anniversary is celebrated to pay tribute to the Wooden Weddings.
PHRASES FOR THE WOODEN WEDDING
When emotion and nerves can, it is always good to have on hand some phrases or poems for the Wooden Weddings that help to express what you want and thus sign such a special moment.
Here we leave some phrases that may be useful.
- There is no greater happiness than the one I have lived since the day we were married five years ago.
- On our wedding day, two roots came together and over the past five years have become a beautiful plant.
- My love is as true today as it was five years ago.
- I would say “yes, I do” to you a million more times
- Five years ago I let go of the world to hold your hand and I have no regrets
- Forever is a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side
- Thanks to you, I laugh a little more, cry a little less and smile a lot more
so special to me.
For filling my existence with happiness.
For teaching me that true love
is made up of sadness and happiness.
You are and will always be
the true love of my life