How fun and educational to spend time with children? How to find out what children think, understand their goals, experiences, dreams, and desires? With a game of questions and answers. In this article, we have collected questions for children that parents have come up with to better understand children’s thoughts and dreams.
They took into account the interests of young children, adolescents, and youth. For convenience, these questions have been divided into sections, for example, interesting, comic, funny, or smart. These questions can also be used for children’s quizzes or while playing while traveling on vacation.
The purpose of the question and answer game is to learn how to openly communicate with children on various topics. Therefore, having received the child’s answer, try to understand what is behind his answer, additionally asking the question “why”?
Questions for children: light, philosophical
- Which of your friends do teachers like the most?
- Teacher, what subject do you dislike the most?
- Are you afraid to fly on an airplane?
- What is your favorite childhood toy?
- Of your photos, which do you like the most?
- Do you want to have an unusual pet or not? Why?
- Why do you love your grandmother?
- Did you imitate anything you saw in the movies? What exactly and why?
- What is the most pleasant thing you have done with your parents lately?
- What two things would you like to do with your parents this coming weekend?
- What is the most pleasant, good thing your friend has done for you?
- Was there anything you were truly afraid of?
- Can you describe the most beautiful place you have ever visited? What attracted you so much?
- Tell us about your favorite films. Why did you like them so much?
- How do you like to relax the most: play computer games or play with friends in the yard?
- What would you like to spend your money on?
- What do you like to watch on YouTube?
- Do you love your grandparents, relatives? How often would you like to meet with them, on what occasions?
- Do you think your housemates are good people or not?
- When do you like or vice versa, do not like to communicate with your parents?
Interesting questions for children
These questions are well suited for children aged 5-10 years.
- Should parents hug and kiss their little children? Do you like it?
- What rules would you come up with for adults or parents?
- Do you want your parents to come home from work earlier for you? What would you like to do with them?
- Is it good or bad if parents pay money for children to help around the house? Is it right or wrong to pay money to children? How much do you think this assistance should cost?
- What qualities should a true friend have? What qualities do you like the most?
- What do you like best: 1) having dinner with the whole family and watching TV? 2). Dinner with many dishes, desserts? 3). Simple food without watching TV, but with funny jokes, interesting stories?
- What do you think is in space beyond the stars?
- If you are asked to take many different photographs, what would you photograph?
- Which of your parents’ friends do you consider the most cheerful, reliable, good friend?
- If animals could talk, what would you ask them? What wild animal would you like to talk to?
- Which children in your class are considered the most popular, authoritative? What makes them so popular?
- If you could design clothes, what would they be?
- What holiday would you like to come up with?
- What would you like to do if you were a teacher now?
- What animal would you like to ride?
Comic, funny questions for children
- What two vegetables would you be sorry to give to other children?
- What will you keep for yourself (one thing is a must): a long nose, big ears, hair in the ears, obesity, crooked legs?
- Suppose you were allowed to be the fun designer of your parent’s house or apartment, what would it look like?
- Who do you want to be like: a clown, a showman, a humorist, a comedian?
- How much money could you spend per week buying and eating carrots, beets, and other vegetables?
- What movie scenes can make you laugh?
- Is it normal if a boy cries while watching a comedy and laughs when watching a tragedy? What is your attitude towards such a boy?
- What do you choose for yourself: wings, paws or tail?
- Did you smear someone with toothpaste in a dream? Who would you like to smear?
- Imagine that you met a lion in the forest, how would you run away from him?
- What animal would you agree to become for one day: a hare, a hippo, a mole or a skunk?
- What would you like to be: ice cream or cake?
- Which vegetable would you interview?
- How many spaceships flew past your school today?
- Do you pick your nose and wipe your finger on the wall when no one is looking?
Adult and smart questions for kids
- Should you tell your parents that you are sad or scared? Do you think parents can help?
- What would you tell, for example, at school about your parents? What do you like most about them and what do you not?
- Are your friends cheating on their parents? When and why do they do it?
- What fun things could we do together?
- Do you want to be alone? How often, what time of day, why?
- What do you like to eat when you are sad? What dish can lift your spirits?
- Can you name your top 5 qualities?
- If you find out that your friend has stolen something, what will you do? Will you tell your parents about this?
- How to conduct yourself at a party?
- Should we always be honest today? Do you want to always be treated fairly? What should parents do to ensure that their children are always honest with them?
- Are you proud of your friends and why?
- When you are afraid, what do you do, how do you calm yourself?
- What holidays do you really like and why?
- Do you think you are smarter than your friends? Would you like to always be better than them?
- Are you envious of those who are better or superior to you in some way?
- Do you believe in God?
- What is your earliest memory of your childhood?
- Should children know and follow the rules of telephone etiquette ?
- Do you like your voice?
- Why do you want to become an adult faster?
Questions for teenagers
- What would your parents want you to be: a politician, a famous athlete, a movie star, a missionary, or a famous scientist?
- Do you know what sexting is? How do you deal with this?
- What is your view on gay relationships? What will you do if one of your friends or acquaintances turns out to be such a person?
- What does the word “success” mean to you and what is the best way to motivate your teenager to study?
- Is it right or wrong for children to receive sex education from a young age? At what age and why?
- Is sex education for children supposed to be done by the school or is it the responsibility of the parents?
- Would you be able to talk openly about sex education and sex with your parents? Yes/no/why?
- Do children need to play sports? From what age?
- Did I ever tell you about how I met your (mom, dad)? Do you want to know how we met and started dating?
- What do you understand by the term “date, meet”? Perhaps dating without intimacy? Why not rush into it?
- Suppose you were promised to fulfill one wish, that you choose: 1) to be the most beautiful and attractive; 2) become a genius; 3) become a volunteer to help people of different countries in disaster relief for free?
- What are your goals after graduation? What graduation wishes would you like to hear from friends and relatives?
- What punishments from parents do you consider really unfair or undeserved?
- Do you believe in God? Should parents devote time to the religious education of their children?
- What do you like most about your appearance, and what annoys you the most?
Interesting questions for teenagers
- At what age are children allowed to watch any films or programs: 16 years old – early; 16 years old – late; Is 16 years old okay? And how long can you watch?
- Do you consider your area where you live dangerous or safe? Why is it dangerous or safe?
- What is the best way to overcome your laziness to study?
- Do you like piercings?
- What type of girls/guys do you like the most and why?
- What is your attitude towards music, rap songs, hard rock, metal: are they good or bad?
- What mobile app would you suggest parents install on their phones? Why?
- How would you like to decorate or decorate your room if you are allowed to fulfill any fantasy?
- On a five-point system, tell me, how do your parents perform their duties towards you? How much would they bet?
- What would you like to do if you could become invisible for one day?
- Have you been offered to try cigarettes, drugs, smoking mixtures? What will you do if you are offered, should you refuse? (We recommend reading the article on teen drug addiction and the causes of drug addiction.)
- Does a girl need to wear makeup or not, what kind of girls do you like?
- What kind of sport would be good for you? Do you want to be an athlete?
- Do you like the way your parents dress? Not embarrassed by their appearance if friends see you and your parents on the street?
- Is it possible for children from the age of twelve to fall in love or date a boy / girl? What is the best age for this?
Psychological issues for teenagers
- When you’re not in the mood, can you offend others because of it? Has this happened to you before? What feelings did you experience after that?
- Can you apologize if you’re wrong? Can you forgive others?
- Let’s take historical figures: who do you want to be equal to, to be like and why?
- Can you remember and tell the three most pleasant memories of kindergarten, elementary school?
- When is the best time, in your opinion, for a girl or a guy to get married?
- Can a guy with a girl he likes be just friends?
- With such a variety of professions, who do you want to become and what to achieve in life? How often do you think about choosing a profession?
- At what age should a child be jailed for a crime?
- Why do some people love animals more than children?
- What do you think: are men and women equally smart? Who is more intelligent?
- Do you like to watch violent movies: action movies, horror movies? Are they worth watching?
- Who do you consider the three greatest musicians in the world?
- What should be, in your opinion, the ideal teacher?
- Have you had the same dream several times? Could you explain this phenomenon?
- What personal accomplishments in school or sports are you proud of?
- Imagine being able to change three things about your appearance or personality, which would you choose?
- In your opinion, what makes a person truly beautiful: qualities, appearance or money?
- Your opinion: how do your parents drive? What mark would you give to each of them separately for compliance with the rules of the road?
- What family rules, traditions do you most dislike and annoy, or vice versa, do you like?
- Are your parents losing control of themselves? How often? Do they show irascibility, aggression? What do you feel at such moments?
Tips for parents
- Ask additional, leading questions to the main question.
- Avoid questions that embarrass the child or teen, such as about something personal.
- Ask no more than 2-5 questions per evening. It’s better than bored with a flood of questions.
- Try not to criticize the child for his opinion. Criticism stifles the conversation. Everyone has the right to their opinion, their choice. You need to learn to respect this right.
- A teenager does not want to answer a question? Then don’t pressure him. Just say: “Okay, I understand, this is an uncomfortable question for you. When you want, then you will tell, and I promise that I will try to understand you.
- Children don’t like interrogation questions. Such questions are not safe territory for them. They don’t know where they will lead them.
Parents need to remember that children evade answers because:
- Fear of trouble;
- They are not interested in questions;
- They do not see the genuine interest of parents because of the standard questions;
- Too difficult questions for their perception to give a sincere answer.
What will be the result then? Monosyllabic answers, short conversation, and poor communication. Unfortunately, this is the standard set of many families.
One of the best ways to understand your children is to ask questions. But, of course, questions for children should be correct, intriguing questions that they will want to answer.
As a hint, we have compiled this list of questions for children and things that may be of interest to a teenager. Thanks to these questions, you can not only improve relationships with children but also help you learn more about their views and experiences?
Eric Cameron is a passionate relationship coach and counselor with a focus on helping couples reconnect and build strong and lasting relationships. He has years of experience working with couples and helping them to understand the intricacies of healthy relationships. He also provides guidance on how to maintain a healthy relationship and deal with difficult topics. Eric’s approach is tailored specifically to the couple’s needs and he has a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw upon.