The world of love relationship quotes can become complicated and confusing. Emotions are not always well expressed, and expectations do not have to match what can be gained from contact with the other person.
However, throughout history many important figures have reflected on love, friendship and what holds together bonds of affection.
Cute Relationship Quotes
Below you can find a selection of phrases about relationships that are wise, fun or thought-provoking .
1. FIRST LOVE IS A LITTLE MADNESS AND A GREAT CURIOSITY – GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
A metaphor to describe the spontaneous character of first love.
2. IN LOVE THERE IS SOME MADNESS, BUT AT THE SAME TIME IN MADNESS THERE IS ALWAYS SOME REASON – FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
A phrase about the relationships of this great vitalist philosopher.
Table of Contents
3. NEVER ABOVE YOU, NEVER BELOW YOU, ALWAYS BY YOUR SIDE – WALTER WINCHELL
In this reflection, the way in which an equality relationship should be understood is expressed.
4. WHEN SOMEONE SHOWS YOU WHO HE REALLY IS, TRUST – MAYA ANGELOU
A tip on the value of honesty in relationships.
5. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE MUST BE THAT OF TWO BEST FRIENDS – BR AMBEDKAR
Here we compare the affection in relationships based on romantic love and that of two people who are friends.
6. PEOPLE CHANGE AND FORGET TO TELL OTHERS – LILLIAN HELLMAN
A phenomenon that can be interpreted as something tragic.
Read more love relationship quotes.
7. LOVE DOES NOT CLAIM POSSESSIONS BUT GIVES FREEDOM – RABINDRANATH TAGORE
Not to confuse love with toxic relationships is essential.
8. LOVING IS NOT LOOKING AT EACH OTHER BUT RATHER LOOKING BOTH IN THE SAME DIRECTION – ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY
Another of those phrases about relationships in which the expressive force is transmitted with an image.
9. THE WAY PEOPLE TREAT YOU IS THEIR KARMA, WHILE HOW YOU REACT IS YOURS – WAYNE DYER
A philosophy of life to manage relationships with others.
10. YOU NEVER LOSE BY LOVING, YOU ALWAYS LOSE BY REPRESSING YOURSELF – BARBARA DE ANGELIS
An assessment of the costs of not loving.
12. THE FIRST LOVE IS LOVED MORE, THE OTHERS ARE LOVED BETTER ANTOINE DE SAINT-EXUPÉRY
With this play on words, this writer nuances the way in which one loves first love.
13. LOVE IS NOT SEEN, IT IS FELT – PABLO NERUDA
Pablo Neruda is emphatic in defending the idea that love is, mainly, something that is experienced.
14. FRIENDSHIP OFTEN BECOMES LOVE, BUT LOVE NEVER BECOMES FRIENDSHIP – LORD BYRON
An apparent paradox about the way relationships evolve.
Check out more love relationship quotes.
15. FOR A LOVER THERE ARE NO FRIENDS – STENDHAL
Stendhal thus defined the change involved in becoming a lover.
16. INTENSE LOVE DOES NOT MEASURE, BUT SIMPLY GIVES – TERESA OF CALCUTTA
Understanding love as something that is liberating, Teresa of Calcutta emphasizes the positive side of that feeling and mental state.
17. WHAT IS DONE FOR LOVE IS BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL – FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
Another phrase about Nietzsche’s relationships, in this case related to morals.
18. HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS GROW FROM BOUNDLESS TRUST – BEAU MIRCHOFF
Appreciating the link between mutual trust and love.
19. NO PERSON INVOLVED IN A RELATIONSHIP SHOULD FEEL THAT TO MAKE IT VIABLE THEY NEED TO GIVE UP AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THEMSELVES – MAY SARTON
Intense relationships should be approached not as a sacrifice, but as a space in which to grow.
20. BEING HONEST IS WHAT MAKES RELATIONSHIPS LAST – LAURYN HILL
Another phrase about relationships that emphasizes the importance of honesty, a recurring theme.
21. THERE IS NOTHING MORE INTERESTING THAN THE CONVERSATION OF TWO LOVERS WHO REMAIN SILENT – ACHILE TOURNIER
The dialogues between those who love are often silent.
22. NEITHER ABSENCE NOR FEAR MEANS ANYTHING WHEN YOU LOVE – ALFRED DE MUSSET
A shocking phrase that highlights the power of love.
23. THE MAGIC OF FIRST LOVE IS THE IGNORANCE THAT IT CAN HAVE AN END – BENJAMIN DISRAELI
One more reflection on the type of love that is experienced for the first time.
24. OBLIGATION-BASED RELATIONSHIPS HAVE NO DIGNITY – WAYNE DYER
In this way the impossibility is expressed that the relations plagued by impositions are genuine
25. EVERY LOVER IS A SOLDIER AT WAR – OVID
One of the oldest reflections on the role of the person you love.
26. LOVE IS FRIENDSHIP ON FIRE – JEREMY TAYLOR
In this metaphor a comparison is made between friendship and love that speaks for itself.
27. THE FIRST DUTY OF LOVE IS TO KNOW HOW TO LISTEN – PAUL TILLICH
Ordering priorities is essential in love relationships, and knowing how to listen is a basic need.
28. THE FAMOUS LOVERS OF HISTORY ALWAYS LIVED APART – NOEL CLARASÓ
Noel Clasaró thus implies that coexistence fundamentally changes relationships.
29. IT IS EASIER TO LOOK GOOD AS A LOVER THAN AS A HUSBAND, SINCE IT IS EASIER TO BE TIMELY AND RESOURCEFUL FROM TIME TO TIME THAN EVERY DAY – HONORÉ DE BALZAC
One more reflection on the abrupt change that living with a partner entails.
30. LOVING IS FINDING YOUR OWN HAPPINESS IN THE HAPPINESS OF OTHERS – GOTTFRIED LEIBNIZ
In this metaphorical image, the philosopher expresses what is the essence of love.
31. AT THE BEGINNING OF A LOVE, LOVERS TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE, IN THEIR LAST DAYS, ABOUT THE PAST – ANDRÉ MAUROIS
Talking about the beginning and end of relationships, and how these two stages are alike.
32. THERE IS MORE PLEASURE IN LOVING THAN IN BEING LOVED – JOHN FULLER
A statement that many people would argue, but it gives food for thought.
33. THERE ARE NO LIMITS TO THE POWER OF LOVE – JOHN MORTON
Throughout history, many thinkers have emphasized the power of love, and John Morton takes this idea to the extreme.
34. WE ARE ALWAYS AFRAID OF BEING TOO INTERESTED, FOR FEAR THAT THE OTHER IS NOT INTERESTED AT ALL – ELEANOR ROOSEVELT
An observation steeped in sadness, about the lack of courage with which relationships are faced
35. WHO LOVES, RAVES – LORD BYRON
Many times there has been talk about the irrational nature of love. In this case, Lord Byron relates the action of loving with the delusional ideas that appear in some mental crises.
36. THE SIGN THAT WE DO NOT LOVE SOMEONE IS THAT WE DO NOT GIVE THEM THE BEST THAT IS IN US – PAUL CLAUDEL
Provocative phrase but it serves to emphasize the importance of love in our lives.
37. IS THERE A REASON TO LOVE? – BRIGITTE BARDOT
A question that may seem naive but at the same time serves to question dogmas.
38. WE CAN ONLY LEARN TO LOVE BY LOVING – IRIS MURDOCH
Emphasizing once again the importance of practicing love, rather than theorizing about it.
39. LOVES DIE OF WEARINESS, AND OBLIVION BURIES THEM – JEAN DE LA BRUYERE
A reflection on the elements that make love go into crisis.
40. LOVE IS THE POETRY OF THE SENSES – HONORÉ DE BALZAC
A very lyrical image about the nature of love.
Share these love relationship quotes with your friends and family.