Fourth Wedding Anniversary Or the Linen Weddings Meaning
The meaning of the Linen Weddings is that the marriage celebrates four years of marriage. According to a tradition that comes from the Middle Ages, each year of marriage is represented by a material that is increasingly resistant and strong, symbolizing the stability of that marriage. The linen anniversary meaning is unique.
In the fourth year, the marriage has become even more solid and in fact, it is likely that the couple has already had at least one child, thus creating their own family nucleus. This anniversary, therefore, is ideal to remember the love of the first day and strengthen those bonds of affection that exist between the couple.
In this stage, learning and teaching become very important, since the couple continues to get to know each other more and more, and tolerance and respect since these are the moments in which the friction of routine, life in common and to discover the defects of the other.
The tradition of celebrations by year of marriage comes from the Middle Ages . The main idea was that each year of marriage they should give a product with an increasingly solid raw material , symbolizing the resistance of marriage.
When they have been married for four years, the linen weddings must be celebrated. Flax is a plant native to the Nile River whose cultivation dates back to ancient Egypt. This vegetable fiber is practically the oldest that mankind used.
Linen has insulating properties, high resistance and an attractive visual appearance. It is cared for and preserved very well and provides great durability and comfort.
The relationship of linen with the four years of marriage comes from the strength of the couple , which already has much more solidity and resistance like linen, but at the same time it is delicate and pure. Do not forget that the ancient Egyptians wrapped mummies with this plant fiber.
TRADITIONAL AND MODERN GIFTS, ANNIVERSARY SYMBOLS
|Traditional gift – UK||Fruits and flowers|
|Traditional gift – USA||Linen and silk|
|Traditional gift – Spain||Linen|
|Traditional gift – Germany||Silk|
|Traditional gift – Russia||Linen|
|Traditional gift – France||Wax|
|Traditional gift – Italy||Linen|
|Gemstone gift||Blue topaz|
|Modern gift||Home appliances|
LINEN WEDDING GIFTS
Tradition says that on each anniversary, the couple must give each other gifts that are made of the corresponding material. In the case of the fourth year of marriage, the gifts must be made with linen so here are some ideas.
- A linen garment . And if you don’t want to simply give away clothes as if it were any other day of the year, you can try making personalized garments such as bathrobes with engraved initials, matching T-shirts or even hats for the summer.
- A set of linen sheets . A very special gift consists of a bedding set made of linen and that is released precisely on the anniversary day, keeping it later for very special occasions and that it becomes a symbol of those four years of marriage.
- A white linen suit . We emphasize that they are white linen suits because this gift can easily be complemented with a day alone at the beach on the next vacation.
- Some custom pillows or cushions . On the Internet or even in specialized sites, you can order linen covers in which the couple’s names, the wedding date or a phrase that is special for both of them have been embroidered.
- A sleeve for the tablet or laptop . It is a very practical gift that can always be personalized with any symbol, initial, date, etc. that is representative of the couple and their marriage.
- A linen bag . Modern and large for women or a discreet shoulder bag for men, depending on the needs and the use that they are going to give it. Once again, personalization is the key to making it a special gift.
- An apron . A perfect gift for couples who like to get into the kitchen and mess around the stove together, experimenting with food.
IDEAS FOR LINEN WEDDINGS
Celebrating four years of marriage can also be done in a special way, although many couples do not give too much importance to this anniversary. There are probably many things to celebrate so we are going to leave some proposals to turn the Linen Weddings into a special day.
- Go on a picnic . It is a very simple plan that only requires the couple to prepare some light food at home and then find a quiet place in the middle of nature where they can enjoy it while they talk alone. In fact, you don’t even have to go too far, perhaps near your house there is a park where you can organize this picnic. As a bonus, how about bringing a linen tablecloth?
- Go to lunch or dinner at the place where the wedding banquet was held . It will be a perfect occasion to remember how that banquet was and bring to the present the excitement and fun of the moments that the couple shared that day.
- Get together with loved ones . Surely until now the anniversaries have been celebrated by the couple alone but another option is to summon select guests from those who were at the wedding and also those who were not but who are now just as important as children, nephews, grandchildren, new couples , etc.
- Make a video with the special moments of the last year . The couple can take time to collect photos and images that contain milestones of the fourth year of marriage and then make a video that they see together that day. Without realizing it, they will be sure of the progress they have made together.
- Go out to see the stars . The couple can live a very special moment simply looking for a place outdoors in which to get together to see the stars and to talk quietly, calmly. The intimacy of these moments will reinforce their love and illusion.
- Watch the sunrise or sunset together . Everyone agrees that both sunrise and sunset are moments that have some magic. A simple but just as special celebration can consist of watching this spectacle together, perhaps in silence and with hands clasped.
DECORATION TO CELEBRATE THE LINEN WEDDINGS
In general, these types of anniversaries are usually celebrated alone, that is, the couple and that’s it, but the possibility of bringing together some close friends for a small party or meeting may arise, depending on the circumstances.
In either case, a good idea to celebrate Linen Weddings is to decorate the house with details made of this material and remember that the love and illusion of those four years is as resistant and versatile as linen.
One idea is to place cushions with linen covers on which something that represents the couple has been embroidered or printed: their names, the wedding date, the marriage certificate, a special phrase… The limits to creativity are set by the own partner, who are the ones who will decide what they want to express with that detail.
You can also make small linen bags containing aromatic herbs to place them at strategic points in the house. In fact, if you are going to celebrate a party with those closest to you, these bags can be embroidered or printed for the occasion and made into small gifts for those attending the meeting.
To decorate you can make figures of linen stuffed with cotton and decorated with bows also made of linen. They are small but very elegant details and you can choose what most identifies the couple. Usually hearts or stars are designed, but why not go further? Some couples choose ways in which they feel represented and special. For example, a couple of dentists decided to make figures in the shape of teeth, because they met working together in a consultation. Another couple who love to travel designed small airplanes, boats, and cars to represent their shared passion.
A very simple way to give soft touches of linen to the house is to use the classic earth-colored linen ribbon with white lace to place it on the edges of the furniture, to hold the curtains, to surround the cushions … The important thing is to know how to give it certain prominence to linen without exaggeration.
Continuing with the idea of the linen ribbon, it can be rolled to form rustic-looking flowers that can be decorated with pearls, for example, to be scattered in a seemingly careless way throughout the main rooms of the house.
Anniversary Poem For Boyfriend
To give a really festive atmosphere to this anniversary, you can make the typical triangular-shaped banners made of linen and in which the names of the couple or the wedding date are read.
Another option is to place a linen rug with symbols or drawings that represent the couple. If you do not want to step, this same idea can be transferred in the form of a table made with linen that can be hung in the living room to celebrate the anniversary or perhaps to stay there permanently.
If the couple, or at least one of the two, has a facility for crafts, small centerpieces made with bows and linen flowers can be made to decorate not only the table for lunch or dinner but also to give an elegant and elegant touch. simple when having coffee or some cakes. The good thing about these centerpieces is that they can be modified to serve again on different occasions.
You cannot miss a beautiful new linen tablecloth with matching napkins whether it is a party or a romantic dinner for two. Perhaps it can be accompanied with some elegant linen covers to cover the chairs, thus giving a special touch to the situation. If the linen tablecloth seems somewhat exaggerated, this detail can be replaced by a table runner made of linen that is placed on the tablecloth that the couple prefers.
And of course, a set of bed sheets made in Egyptian linen will give the special finishing touch to this anniversary when the couple is at their most intimate moment.
Linen Anniversary Meaning Video
Eric Cameron is a passionate relationship coach and counselor with a focus on helping couples reconnect and build strong and lasting relationships. He has years of experience working with couples and helping them to understand the intricacies of healthy relationships. He also provides guidance on how to maintain a healthy relationship and deal with difficult topics. Eric’s approach is tailored specifically to the couple’s needs and he has a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw upon.