What do you know about women? It seems you already know everything. But we found some more little-known and interesting facts about women. Facts about what mark they left in history? We found curious and funny observations about the female body and physiology, hair, and habits.
We admit that we at bigmatrimonial were surprised by some facts and observations, others were a little shocked, and still, others were amused, especially by the existing difference between men and women.
Even if you disagree with some of the facts, just sit back and indulge yourself with funny observations from the life of a woman.
Interesting facts about women
Table of Contents
- Women spend at least twice as much time on housework as men. Taking into account both paid and unpaid housework and childcare, women work more hours than men.
- Across all sectors and occupations, women, on average, earn less than men. In most countries, full-time women earn between 70 and 90 percent of what men earn. (World Bank Gender Data Portal, 2015)
- The two highest IQs in human history belong to women.
- Wonder Woman (2017) was the first superhero film to feature a female lead.
- Lhakpa Sherpa, a 42-year-old woman who works at a 7-Eleven store in Connecticut, has climbed Mount Everest seven times, breaking her own women’s record for most summits of the world’s highest mountain.
- On average, women live 2-5 years longer than men, and this is true in all countries of the world. By the way, female orangutans and chimpanzees also live longer than males.
- There are Bunesh women in Albania. This is a whole group of women who have decided to remain virgins and live like men.
- Miami is the only major US city founded by women.
- There are just over 9 million women-owned companies in the United States.
- In Saudi Arabia, a wife can divorce her husband if he doesn’t give her coffee when she demands it.
- Women’s breasts respond well to temperature changes. When it is warm, it becomes softer and nipples increase.
- The diameter of the hair of the representatives of the weaker sex is 2 times less than the diameter of male hair.
- Some women may have genetic mutations that cause them to see more than a million colors.
- Seventy percent of women would rather have chocolate than sex.
- Depression is the most common cause of disability in women. Approximately 25% of women will experience severe depression at some point in their lives.
10 facts about the girl
- 3 out of 4 girls in Niger are married before the age of 18, the highest rate of child marriage in the world.
- Around the world, approximately 5,000 women and girls are killed every year for seeming dishonor to their families.
- Every year, 15 million girls are married before the age of 18. In more than 90 countries, this practice is not only culturally and socially accepted, but also enshrined in law.
- Up to 19 girls can be squeezed into one car.
- The “cheerleader effect” – the theory that girls look more attractive in groups – has been scientifically proven.
- Over 500 girls have been named Hermione since the first Harry Potter film.
- According to a study, 3 out of 4 teenage girls experience depression after watching a fashion magazine for just 3 minutes.
- The youngest girl ever divorced was 10 years old.
- “Princess disease” is a term used in China and Korea to describe a psychological phenomenon in girls with signs of narcissism, egocentrism, and melodrama that make them act like princesses.
- There is an autoimmune disease that mimics the symptoms of demon possession. It has been identified in the last 10 years and mainly affects girls.
Facts about men and women
- Women’s immunity is stronger than men’s. Thanks to the hormone “estrogen”, they are much better able to tolerate illnesses, such as the flu.
- They suffer from hearing loss less than men.
- Women care more about a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition than men.
- Compared to men, they experience less need for sex. First of all, they need an emotional mood, while men need only physical attraction or desire.
- It is believed that women’s sleep is more sensitive than men’s, all due to the fact that the electrical activity of their brain during sleep is reduced by only 10%.
- Women like to look at men in the same way that men like to look at women. They just know how best to hide it!
- Women earn on average 18% more in the stock markets than men, again only because they are more risk-averse.
- Women are more emotional than men. Thus, they manage to get rid of negative thoughts and stress better and faster.
- They are better than men at distinguishing the tone of voice, making it relatively easy to recognize male lies and notice minor changes in a man’s mood.
- Women experience significantly more nightmares than men and have more emotional dreams.
funny facts about women
- Only women understand the reason for “guest towels” and “good china”.
- They often plan to leave the house ten minutes early, but they rarely succeed.
- They throw their phone in their purse and then frantically search for it and can’t find it when someone calls.
- They like to check their reflection on any shiny surface: a mirror, a spoon, a shop window or even their own shadow.
- Women’s handbag is always full of things that women carry with them, but never use. What if one day they need it?
- They often look for their sunglasses, forgetting that they are right on the top of their head.
- When looking at themselves in the mirror, they often think: “It would be great to have a selfie taken in this position.”
- They are always in a hurry looking for the keys that they held in their hands just a couple of seconds ago.
- Always comb your hair before going to bed.
- They prefer to go to public restrooms with a friend so that they don’t waste time with a little gossip.
- They allow men to take the initiative, only to avoid being blamed for some decisions made.
- Almost all of them are afraid of bugs, spiders and mice.
- When a man asks a woman to give him matches, she will not test the speed of his reaction by throwing them, as guys do, but simply bring and give him a box.
- The most unpleasant thing for a woman is to discover that at a corporate party one of the ladies present wore the same dress as her.
- They like to haggle or ask the price, even if they are not going to make a purchase. If they see a thing with an 80% discount, then most likely they will purchase it, believing that they saved on the purchase, which means that they did not spend money in vain.
Video 10 unusual facts about girls that you did not know
Facts about a woman’s body and her physiology
- There is no muscle tissue in the female breast.
- With each kilogram of weight gained, their breasts become heavier by about 20 grams. The same applies to the reverse process.
- The female tongue has more taste buds than the male tongue.
- They have faster blood flow to the brain than men.
- The female sense of smell is better developed than the male.
- One breast is always larger than the other. The difference is small and not noticeable to others.
- Women’s muscles and ligaments contain more elastin than collagen, which is why they are more flexible than the opposite sex.
- Women’s hearing is better than men’s, so girls recognize their mother’s voice earlier than boys.
- Women’s skin is 10 times more sensitive than men’s. That is why men often do not understand why a bruise pops up in their life partner just because they squeezed their shoulder or arm a little more than usual.
- Compared to men, women have more pain receptors. But thanks to estrogen, which blocks inflammation, they generally endure pain more easily than men.
Shocking facts about women
- Over 16 million women in the world have HIV/AIDS.
- It is estimated that 600,000-800,000 victims of the slave trade (mostly women and children) are trafficked worldwide every year.
- Women make up 70% of the population living in absolute poverty (on less than $1 a day).
- More than 603 million women live in countries where domestic violence is not considered a crime.
- Women make up 80% of all refugees and displaced persons. Instruments of genocide such as sexual violence or rape are often directed at women and girls.
- Violence against women and girls is a global problem, and every third woman in the world is subjected to violence by her husband: psychological or emotional abuse , as well as physical abuse. Statistics show that the abuser is usually someone the woman knows: 38% of all murdered women are killed by their partner.
- One in six women experience sexual violence or rape during their lifetime.
- More than 700 million women alive today were married when they were under 18 years old. About 250 million of them were married before they were 15 years old.
- At least 200 million girls and women living today in 30 countries have undergone female genital mutilation.
- The vast majority of women around the world experience violence on the streets of their cities. In addition, only 18 out of 173 countries have specific legislation dealing with sexual harassment in public places.
Interesting facts about women in history
- The earliest recorded female physician was Merit Ptah, a physician in ancient Egypt who lived around 2700 BC. Many historians believe that she is the first woman recorded by name in the history of all sciences.
- Muslim Fatima al-Fihri is credited with founding the University of AL QUARAOUIYIN in Morocco in 859 AD. The university is still in operation to this day. It is often referred to as the world’s oldest operating university, although it was not officially a university until the 1950s.
- American chemist Stephanie Kwolek invented Kevlar, the material used in most bulletproof vests and body armor. In 1995, she became the fourth woman to be inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame.
- Cheng Ai Sao was a prostitute who was captured by pirates in the early 1800s. She soon married the pirate captain Cheng Ai. When Cheng died, she seized control of her late husband’s empire. Soon she became the admiral of her own fleet, which grew to 2000 sailing ships (junks). Throughout her career, she commanded over 40,000 to 80,000 pirates and is known as one of the most successful pirates of all time. Her successes were so impressive that the Chinese imperial navy, the Portuguese navy, and the British Royal Navy were helpless against her.
- Lyudmila Pavlichenko is the most successful female sniper in history. On account of 309 shot opponents. Her sharpshooting skills and impressive kill count earned her the nickname “Lady Death” in the Western press.
- Eliska Junkova is a Czech race car driver. Not only did she compete in a male-dominated sport, she also beat them. She is considered one of the greatest female racing drivers in Grand Prix history.
- Ada Lovelace was the first computer programmer.
- A woman will definitely cry out loud if she knows that a man will hear her.
- Do you know that windshield wipers were invented by Mary Anderson in 1903?
- The circular saw was invented by Tabitha Babbitt in 1812.
- The medical syringe was invented by Laetitia Gyra in 1899.
- Women are more cautious and less risky with finances, preferring to put money in a bank account rather than invest. As a result, according to statistics, they face fewer financial losses.
- Approximately 4 years – the total time of menstruation, which the fairer sex suffer throughout their lives.
- A woman eats approximately 2-3 kg of lipstick in her lifetime.
- Looking at a man’s face, they can tell with great accuracy whether he loves children or not.
- Commit three times more suicide attempts than males, but four times less successful in this.
- Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman to fly into space in 1963.
- They burn about 50 kcal per day less than men.
- They are annoyed by comparison with others not in their favor.
Incredible facts about girls and women
- 80% of the fairer sex believe that they have two different breasts – one is larger than the other.
- Even with a closet full of new clothes, they will still have nothing to wear. “What to wear?” – the ever-repeating female dilemma before leaving the house. In their entire lives, they spend time sorting through things and looking at themselves in the mirror for about a year of their lives.
- Women love to talk. Silence scares them, so when they are with a man they feel the need to fill the silence with conversation, even if they have nothing to say.
- It is difficult for them to keep secrets for a long time. In addition, the ladies do not believe that they gave out a secret by telling several close friends about it.
- It is difficult for them to resist not answering a phone call or ignoring an SMS message, even if they are very busy with something.
Facts about pregnant women
- Every 90 seconds in the world, one representative of the weaker sex dies at the time of childbirth or pregnancy. Due to gender discrimination, many of them do not receive the proper education or the help they need.
- More than 14 million adolescent girls become pregnant each year, 90% of whom live in developing countries.
- One in four women of the fairer sex experiences physical or sexual abuse during pregnancy.
- The longest documented pregnancy was 375 days with Bela Hunters of Los Angeles in 1945. The duration of an average pregnancy is approximately 280 days. This means her pregnancy was three months longer than usual.
- Californian Nadia Suleman gave birth to eight babies at the same time in 2009. They all survived – six boys and two girls.
- Less than 10% of children are born at exactly the right time. 50% are born a week apart and 90% are born two weeks apart from the due date.
- A pregnant woman should eat about 300 extra calories per day.
- During pregnancy, women often experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds. This is due to hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the nose and mouth.
- During the first months of pregnancy, about 70% of pregnant women report experiencing symptoms of morning sickness and vomiting.
- Pregnant women tend to experience increased sensitivity to smells. Some experts call this a protective reaction of the body of a pregnant woman from products that are potentially dangerous to the fetus.
In this video, you will learn some shocking facts about 19th-century pregnancy.
What interesting facts about women that you didn’t know about surprised you, amused you, or caused you to disagree? Share your opinion in the comments below.