The difference between loyal and faithful hangs on an outstanding line, but which can be broadly differentiated in that faithful is more related to a more personal and submissive bond, while loyalty to a cause and a situation of assent.
Loyal Vs Faithful
- Loyal Vs Faithful
- What is fidelity?
- What is loyalty?
- Open couple relationships
- Respect, loyalty and courage
- Treat with love, respect and loyalty
- The loyalty has to do with a person, while loyalty is related to a cause.
- Loyalty is tied up with the heart, the principles, and ideas obligations, but loyalty is linked closely with reason.
- The fidelity in most of the cases have to do with love, while loyalty with some legal aspect,
- As for fidelity, there is a greater relationship with promises. Loyalty is a matter of agreement.
- The loyalty has to do with subjection, while the loyalty with a nod.
- Fidelity is related to trust and unconditional support to a person. The loyalty staunchly follows a cause.
- As fidelity is a submission for blindly following, it differs from loyalty. In this case, a person can be loyal to a cause by exposing a person who, despite loving and respecting everything he dislikes, expresses his ideas without being betrayed.
- A person can be loyal but not faithful, insofar as he believes in a cause but not in a person.
Differences between faithful and loyal in a couple
- Loyalty is a two, or perhaps more people have defined sexual exclusivity. For its part, loyalty does not have to do with sexual exclusivity but rather refers to some principles of living with a life partner.
- The commitment is located in the region of loyalty since, in this case, mutual support is intended in a relationship of equals. In the case of fidelity, it is more than anything a link where there may be the commitment, but it may be imposed and not necessarily in a relationship of equals.
- The usual thing is that open relationships are committed to loyalty to the extent that there is respect, communication, and support. Regarding fidelity, it is mainly related to an established agreement of sexual and sentimental exclusivity.
What is fidelity?
The fidelity in a strict sense corresponds to the union of two beings, no matter the consequences of this relationship. On the other hand, it can also correspond to the fulfillment of a promise, such as fulfilling the promise of fidelity between two people who marry.
In that sense, it refers to a series of responsibilities where any of the parties should violate no principle. It is then a promise of commitment with which an uncertain future is defined from the present.
Characteristics of a faithful person
- He is a person who keeps his promises.
- He is someone who maintains his loyalty regardless of the passage of time.
- Regardless of the circumstances faced, fidelity remains.
- He is a person who supposes giving continuity to a life project that has been established through a promise.
Faithfulness in married life
From the perspective of contemporary society, one tends to think that the concept of fidelity is devastated. In this sense, there is a tendency to think that:
- By nature, human beings are not monogamous, and therefore a stable lifestyle with a single partner is against their nature.
- Some affirm that fidelity is the quality of a family that is sustained by marriage.
- Academics also highlight that marriage is itself an ideological construction and, in that sense, a barrier that has imposed the concept of fidelity.
- Fidelity is not only based on love but on the responsibility of living as a family.
What is loyalty?
Loyalty is the fulfillment of what is required by the law of fidelity and honor. According to the conventions, to consider a person as good, they must be loyal to others or institutions and organizations.
In that order of ideas, loyalty is a virtue that will develop from conscience and reason, so it implies a commitment that must be fulfilled regardless of the circumstances.
Characteristics of a loyal person
- He is a person who feels obliged to comply with what has been agreed with others, an institution, an organization, and even his nation.
- Loyalty can also be expressed through gratitude, companionship, and love to recognize how you feel about someone.
Loyalty in married life
The best way to understand loyalty in married life is to pose an opposition between fidelity and loyalty, understanding that a person can be loyal but not faithful (when they have several partners), to the extent that they can comply with each one of the acts that have been established, but a relationship with different people is maintained through an agreement.
Open couple relationships
While fidelity and loyalty go hand in hand in conventional pairs, the same is not true in open pairs.
Open relationships are supported by loyalty rather than loyalty. It may not be faithful, but it does not imply that it is not loyal. These couples decide to be loyal to their partner in terms of the commitment to respect and support among equals, but without imposing sexual exclusivity.
Therefore, the concept of infidelity disappears when establishing the agreement to have sexual encounters with other people without affecting their relationship.
Both concepts, fidelity, and loyalty will depend a lot on the type of established relationship and the way of understanding love.
Respect, loyalty and courage
These three terms are closely linked. The person who practices loyalty shows his respect for the person who is by his side. Normally, who gives respect, receives it.
This may not always be the case. The same happens in love; offering love does not imply receiving it. This does not mean that for this reason, we should stop giving it. Because each one offers what is inside, this story exemplifies it very well:
One day a rich man met a homeless man. The rich man carried a bag full of garbage and handed it to the homeless man. He smiled and emptied the bag and filled it with flowers. Then he took her back. The amazed rich man asked him: Why are you giving me flowers if I have given you garbage?
And the vagabond answered: Because each one gives what he has in his heart.
The moral of this story is that it does not matter if you receive what you give. The important thing is that, despite what you receive, you give the best of yourself. This does not imply staying in a relationship giving love without receiving it. On the contrary, it is about giving respect and loyalty on both sides, and if love ends, telling the truth.
There is something essential that you must prioritize, loyalty to yourself. Only those who can connect with themselves by practicing honesty and authenticity will give the best of themselves / to others.
Think of all those times that you have not been honest with yourself or have been carried away by others’ opinions or decisions, even going against your own values.
You are not the only one. There are many examples in which you are unfair: such as the couple who are unfaithful but are still together without telling the truth, the professional who performs a certain deceptive practice due to the obligation of their superiors, or the children who They start their studies in careers that they do not like because they meet the expectations of their parents.
None of these examples is loyalty to oneself practiced; respect for one’s own values is not exercised. Who is not upright with his heart’s voice and is carried away by other people’s loyalties. The only thing he feels and favors is pain.
As we can see, loyalty requires a great deal of courage. You must have the courage to act according to our values and communicate what we agree or disagree with. Not everyone can say what they think or feel, which implies not being loyal to ourselves or to whom we hide it.
Hiding the truth is as bad as lying. Because in both you are being dishonest and with it, disloyal.
When love is sincere, authentic, and respectful, there is no space for disloyalty or infidelity. Because before doing so, they would talk and try to resolve or leave the relationship to avoid prolonged pain.
Treat with love, respect and loyalty
Loyalty goes beyond something physical. It is an emotional aspect. Being in a couple involves much more than being faithful and not cheating.
For a couple to stay together, more than fidelity, loyalty is needed. Beyond an imposition, agreements must be reached both in the sexual and emotional parts. It has to do with the commitment that we acquire as a couple.
Loyalty should be the basis of any relationship as a couple, friendship, work, family … And this is reflected in honesty, empathy, a commitment to support and respect, and healthy love.
Our personal integrity is one of the first aspects that we must consider when relating to others.
We say what we want to be with our words, but it is necessary to demonstrate with actions what we really are. Therefore, offer respect and loyalty no matter to whom. This will give you peace of mind and well-being.
Don’t trust who speaks ill of others. If he is not loyal to his friends, he will not be loyal to you either.