Second Wedding Anniversary Or the Cotton Weddings Meaning
Cotton Weddings are celebrated when a couple has completed two years of marriage. Cotton anniversary meaning represents all the delicacy and purity that both have managed to achieve since at this point in their marriage, it is interpreted that there are no more secrets between them and that they have come to know each other in a deeper way.
The couple’s relationship is consolidated even more and they may be considering acquiring new responsibilities. Many couples decide to have their first child precisely after they have been married for two years.
Cotton also symbolizes adaptability and versatility, two aspects that surely the couple has had to put into practice during their second year of marriage to reach a perfect understanding and rapport.
At this point it is assumed that the couple enjoys a certain purity between them, and represents that there are hardly any secrets.
For this reason, when wedding anniversaries were named, Cotton was chosen for the second year. Figuring that the couple has reached a point where the defects of both are beginning to be known. You already know the spot “cotton does not cheat” … When living space is shared living under the same roof, small defects surface and you have a more objective perception of each other.
In addition, it is assumed that the marriage has known how to adapt to certain relatively complicated situations , which have arisen after two years. Surely you have argued a few times or faced some discrepancies between the two. And thus coming to symbolize the property of adaptability and versatility of cotton.
You know the hobbies that we all have in our daily coexistence. And after a year you should both be seated in your roles.
Also according to statistics, it is at this point when the couple comes to consider the option of a child in common.
TRADITIONAL AND MODERN GIFTS, ANNIVERSARY SYMBOLS
|Traditional gift – UK||Cotton|
|Traditional gift – USA||Cotton|
|Traditional gift – Spain||Cotton|
|Traditional gift – Germany||Cotton|
|Traditional gift – Russia||Paper|
|Traditional gift – France||Leather|
|Traditional gift – Italy||Cotton|
|Flower gift||Lily of the valley|
WHAT TO GIVE AT COTTON WEDDINGS
According to tradition, the married couple has to exchange gifts that are made with the anniversary material they are celebrating or at least contain it in a meaningful way. In this case, the spouses have to think of gifts with cotton to show each other how special it is to celebrate their second year of marriage.
- An article of clothing . This garment, of course, has to be cotton. It can be a personalized t-shirt, with a special message, or simply something that is known to make the other person very excited.
- A bathrobe for the shower . Again, the idea is that it is something original and that it has meaning for the other. How about some bathrobes with the initials of both embroidered?
- A set of towels . They can be fun or romantic, they can be bought somewhere special and they can also be personalized to become the symbol of Cotton Weddings.
- Bedding . We are not referring to a classic cotton game but to something more special, perhaps Egyptian cotton sheets in suggestive colors that augur a more than perfect end to the celebration.
- Custom cushion covers . A very simple gift in which to put creativity to the limit to do something fun, meaningful and special for both of you.
- Funny aprons . This option is special for couples who are fond of cooking, especially if they enjoy cooking together. Personalized aprons can greatly enliven those times you share between stoves.
- A bouquet of flowers made with cotton . Not only does it leave the topic of the bouquet of fresh or dried flowers, but it will also be a lasting bouquet that will forever symbolize the second year of marriage.
- Cushion of memories . A very original gift consists of printing the wedding certificate on two pillows as a reminder of the happiest day in the life of the couple.
- Photo embroidered on cotton . On the Internet you can find websites where they do this type of work. The couple can choose one of their favorite photos to be embroidered on a cotton cloth that can then be framed.
- Personalized tablecloth and napkins . A cotton table set with embroidered initials or something special for the couple can become the perfect complement to intimate dinners that the couple share in the future.
- Personalized blanket for two . What is more romantic than on those autumn or winter afternoons the couple sit down to watch a movie or just chat while hugging under a blanket? Cotton Weddings are a perfect occasion to give a blanket with the initials of both embroidered or any other reason that is special for them.
IDEAS TO CELEBRATE COTTON WEDDINGS
The second year of marriage means that the relationship has settled and that the new life together begins to be invaded by the daily tasks that may have put aside the romance of the first year. This needs to be fixed! Here we propose some ideas so that the couple can continue to maintain the illusion of the day they got married while keeping their eyes straight ahead, on their future together.
- Do crazy . If the couple is daring they can decide to parachute, go bungee jumping or climb a cliff. Otherwise, they can do other kinds of things like a radical change of look together, go to an exotic restaurant that they have never tried or simply get in the car and decide at the last minute where to go.
- Relive the first date . During the second year of marriage, the couple is more immersed in the routines of day to day, household chores, work … What better way to bring the illusion and romanticism of the first days to the fore again than reliving the first date? They can go to that restaurant they went to the first time they went out, or visit the place where they first kissed or go dancing at the disco where they met.
- Spending the day together doing nothing . No more. The couple can dedicate that day simply to be together, to enjoy each other’s company, to make a space for them on a day-to-day basis. You don’t need to do anything special: maybe you can stay in bed late, cook something together while you talk, lie on the sofa to chat, “waste your time” … They will surely realize how much they have missed those moments .
- Spa day . This idea consists of the couple spending a day alone and relaxing, dedicating themselves only to themselves. It will help you to spend time together and at the same time, to fine-tune your body and mind.
- Romantic camping . The two of them alone, in the middle of nature, with a small fire, silence and the stars above them. What better way to experience a magical getaway?
COTTON WEDDING DECORATION
In general, these types of anniversaries (except Silver Weddings and Golden Weddings) are usually celebrated by the couple in private but that does not mean that they cannot enjoy it in the same way and have fun decorating their home for this very day. special. Here we leave some ideas to celebrate the Cotton Weddings.
One idea can be to decorate the house with small cotton bouquets : they can be placed inside the vases or left on the table as a decorative element and also on the sofa or even the bed. The softness and delicacy of cotton must reign that day in the home of the couple.
And how about using one of those little cotton branches as a complement to your wardrobe , as a symbol between the two of you? They can be worn as a brooch on clothing, or also decorating the bag.
Small glass jars filled with cottons can also be placed on the shelves of the house that can decorate strategic or special places.
If the couple is going to have a romantic dinner , cotton can be present on the tablecloth, on the napkins and in the vase that decorates the table.
They can confeccionarse both names or initials with cottons and place them in a special place in the home. This idea can also be used to write a meaningful phrase as a good morning or for when both of you come home from work ready to celebrate such a special day.
PHRASES FOR COTTON WEDDINGS
Sometimes the special moments are even more so when they are accompanied by phrases that will be remembered forever. Here are some phrases that the couple can exchange at the time of celebrating their Cotton Weddings and also phrases that their closest friends can dedicate to them in this special moment.
- My love is as true today as it was two years ago. The softness and delicacy of your heart is like that of this cotton with which we celebrate our anniversary of two years of a wonderful life.
- We wish you good luck, health and lots of love. May the next few years be even more beautiful than these two that you have already shared together.
- I still can’t believe these two years have passed so quickly. Time flies by your side, or perhaps, simply, it is your love that made me fly.
- I was present on your wedding day and today I am very happy to celebrate with you the continuity and solidity of your love after these two years.
- It has been two years since we got married. Happy anniversary, my love, I would remarry you every day.
- Hope you like this cotton gift. May our love continue to grow with each anniversary.
- I could write very cheesy or impressive sentences, but I preferred to write a simple and sincere sentence that comes directly from my heart… I love you today even more than two years ago when we got married.
- Two years ago I married the most beautiful girl. Today I continue to share my life with a woman as delicate and beautiful as these cotton flowers.