How can children get to know their parents better, their past, childhood, studies, or plans for the future? This can be done with questions. Therefore, bigmatrimonial has collected children’s questions that they want to ask adults.
These questions will help parents reflect on their lives, look back on past childhood and share their plans. And for children, these questions are a great opportunity to satisfy children’s curiosity. Moreover, the questions on this list avoid sensitive topics, which means they will not put parents in an awkward position.
Table of Contents
- Questions for parents about serious things
School questions for parents with answers
- Questions from children to adults about studies, teachers, education
- Questions to ask parents to learn more about them
- The most interesting children’s questions – why
- Questions from children to parents
- Questions from teenagers about childhood parents
- Children’s Relationship Questions
- Questions for parents about children
- Smart children’s questions for adults
- Children’s philosophical questions
- How to answer children’s questions
Now let’s see what questions the children ask?
Questions for parents about serious things
- The choice, which car will you choose: imported or domestic?
- How often do you exceed the speed limit or break the rules of driving? Did the police fine you for this?
- Have you ever been arrested, detained by the police, for breaking the law?
- Because of what people become homeless, homeless?
- In which foreign resorts do you want to relax with children the most?
- What kind of education do you think is the best for children?
- What do friends mean to you? How to become a good friend to other people?
- What dreams do you think are stupid?
- If you were given money with the ability to spend it only for certain purposes: to make a family trip around the world, to buy a big house, to spend on the education of children in a prestigious foreign university, what choice would you make?
- What is your attitude to constant advertising on TV? How was it during your childhood?
- Are you afraid of something in life or have you been afraid before?
- Why do parents leave their children and go to work?
- Can you tell us your most courageous act? What were your feelings then?
- What should parents teach their children that they are required to know or be able to do? (We recommend finding out what 25 must-have things every father should teach his son? )
- Why do some parents buy or allow their children everything, while others do not?
School questions for parents with answers
- What is the first letter of the English alphabet? Answer: “A, a” (pronounced like “hey”
- How many milligrams is a gram? Answer: 1000
- Which metal is heavier: silver or gold? Answer: gold
- The only continent on earth where giraffes live in the wild? Answer: Africa
- What is the largest mammal in the world? Answer: blue whale
- How many equal sides does an isosceles triangle have? Answer: 2
- What is the smallest ocean in the world? Answer: Arctic Ocean
- Which scientist invented the light bulb? Answer: Thomas Edison
- How many weeks in a year? Answer: 52
- Between which two world leaders did the so-called “kitchen debate” take place in 1959? Answer: US President Richard Nixon and USSR General Secretary Nikita Khrushchev.
- Which country has the largest land area? Answer: Russia
- How many letters are in the alphabet? Answer: 33
- What is the most sensitive organ in our body? Answer: skin
- What makes up (approximately) 80% of our brain volume? Answer: water
- How many planets are in our solar system? Answer: 8
Questions from children to adults about studies, teachers, education
- Did you run away from classes, disrupt classes, skip school? Did you get it from your parents?
- Do you respect teachers? What was your favorite lesson?
- If a child is too lazy to go to school, what will you do, how will you react? (We recommend reading about how to overcome laziness and want to study? )
- When you were in school, did you always do your homework? Have you copied homework from others? What grades did you get?
- Did your classmates treat you well? Were you bullied at school by bullies, high school students, or classmates?
- What was your attitude towards classmates? Have you ever bullied your classmates, weak children, been a bully?
- Did you like to study at school, college, institute? Why?
- Have you ever fallen in love with a teacher?
- Today is it necessary to have a higher education in order to get a good job in life? Will you insist on it if the children do not want to receive it? What is the best education?
- Is it easier to study now or during your childhood?
Questions to ask parents to learn more about them
- What were you called by your parents as a child?
- What was the funniest thing you did with your friends when you were teenagers?
- Were you afraid of doctors when you were a child? Have you had any kind of surgery?
- When did you first go to a disco?
- Were you problem children or not? Were you often punished? (You will be interested to read: What mistakes do parents make when punishing a child? )
- What was the worst thing your parents did to you?
- How did you cope with children’s complexes?
- What was your biggest fear when your baby was born?
- How much ice cream can a child eat?
- Were your parents strict? Who was stricter: mom or dad?
- What future do you dream of for your children?
- Did you often get sick as a child? How were they treated?
- What is the most pleasant, interesting thing you can remember from your child’s childhood?
- Love to go to work? What is the best job?
- Who was your best friend at school? Who is your best friend now?
We recommend reading 75 interesting facts about children and babies that all parents need to know.
The most interesting children’s questions – why
- Why are adults embarrassed to cry?
- Are you afraid to tear or fill your teeth?
- Do you want to live in a city and not in a village or another country?
- What are you willing to do for the children? Then why can’t you give them some time each day?
- Were you forced to work at home?
- What could have caused you strong feelings of disappointment or resentment when you were a child? Why did you resent it?
- Do teenagers need pocket money?
- Did your parents buy (didn’t buy) everything you wanted?
- Why do parents beat or abandon their children?
- Who did you most want to give birth to first: a son or a daughter? Why?
- What is more important to you: work or children? Why? Can you work less so you can spend more time with them?
- What kind of wedding do you want to make for your children: big, chic or modest, small? Why?
- Do you like social networking or not? Why do parents not like it when children often use Vkontakte or browse Instagram?
- Did you like going to children’s holiday camps? Why yes or no? Are you sending your kids to summer camp today?
- What is your attitude towards teenagers who smoke? You smoked in your youth, at what age and when did you first smoke? Why don’t you quit smoking (applies to parents who smoke)?
Questions from children to parents
- Did you have a good relationship with your parents?
- What is the difference between today’s fashion and the fashion of your childhood or youth? Which fashion is better and why?
- What is your favorite music? What songs did you like when you were teenagers?
- Was your childhood happy or unhappy?
- Were you a bully or a calm child at school? Did your parents get in trouble with the teachers because of you?
- What were your hobbies when you were a teenager, what sports? Did you love kicking the ball?
- Did you enjoy traveling with your parents on holiday together? Went to the sea? Where did you like it the most? (We recommend reading the rules and secrets of a good outdoor recreation with children ).
- Having the opportunity to return life back, how would you like to live?
- How did you like to have fun when you were teenagers? How did the children have fun then?
- Did your parents buy everything you wanted?
- What did you dream of being when you grow up? What profession do you like and why?
- Who were you most afraid of as a child: mom or dad?
- Did you have your own private room? Were you allowed to design it as you wish?
- What hairstyle did you wear when you were teenagers? How did you like to get your hair cut?
- When you were a child, did you shoplift? Was there a desire to take something imperceptibly?
Questions from teenagers about childhood parents
- When you were kids, were you forced to drink fish oil? Were you punished for refusing to drink it?
- Have you ever wanted to leave home?
- Complexed when they were teenagers, if so, because of what?
- Did you get sick often? How did your parents treat you? Do you enjoy being sick?
- Did you cheat on your parents? How did they find out about the deception? What was it to you? What will you do when you find out that your children are lying to you?
- Were you given pocket money? How did you manage them?
- Did you have acne on your face ? How did you get rid of them?
- What toys did you like to play with as a child? What were they? What games were your favourites?
- Did you often fight with other guys? Have you been punished for this?
- Run away from home? If not, did such thoughts or desires appear and why?
- Ever got drunk when you were a schoolboy, a teenager? What was the reaction of your parents?
- How did your parents force you to go to school ? Why do they say that good discipline is important for children?
- Did you try drugs when you were young? Were there drug addicts among your friends? What is your attitude towards drug addicts?
- Loved sweets when you were a child, what were your favorites? How often do you buy them?
- What did you like to eat when you were kids? What was your favorite food?
Children’s Relationship Questions
- What was your first meeting with mom/dad? Were your dates beautiful, unusual or simple? How long have you been dating?
- Did your parents quarrel, scandal among themselves? What did you feel about it?
- Why do parents quarrel or quarrel among themselves? Is there anything the kids can do to keep them from fighting?
- At what age did you get married? Is it sooner or later? When should you think about starting your own family?
- Who was your first love? Did you break up or not? (We recommend an article about what is first love? )
- Have you ever been jealous of each other and why?
- Have you ever regretted getting married?
- Do you love your parents, our grandparents? Why then rarely go to them?
- Who do you love more: a child or mom, dad, grandfather, grandmother?
- Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
You will love the video where adults and young people answer simple school questions.
Questions for parents about children
- Have you always wanted to have children and how many? If you didn’t have children, what would you do then, what would you do?
- Do you want to always live with children in the same house, even when they are adults?
- Is it bad when a child shows his character or not?
- Do you love me? Why? Am I your favorite child and will always be your favorite?
- How can a child ruin your mood?
- Do children need to go to some sections or not?
- How to earn the trust of parents and adults? When will they be able to trust them?
- What children’s programs, films, cartoons do you consider useful for children? What were in your childhood?
- Can you adopt a child? What is your attitude towards adopted children?
- How many children would you like to have? Who is more: boys or girls?
- Is it true that parents, angry at the behavior of their children, stop loving them? If not, why do they say so?
- Did your parents communicate with you often? Why don’t you talk to us a lot? (You may be interested in: 36 tips to improve communication with your child? )
- Is it true that when there is only one child in a family, he will definitely grow up as an egoist? Why do they say so?
- When will you be proud of your children? What should they be?
- Do teenagers have their own secrets from their parents? Are they required to tell them everything?
Smart children’s questions for adults
- Why should children sleep with their eyes closed during the day? Why does the boy sleep with his eyes open?
- Where do babies come from, how do they appear? How did such a big baby come out of the belly? What did he eat and do in his stomach if he was not born for a long time?
- Why don’t people walk on water and breathe underwater?
- Why do birds fly and people don’t?
- What is hail, snow, rain? Why do they fall from the sky? Where are they in the sky?
- Why can’t an ostrich fly if it’s a bird?
- Why do women give birth and men don’t?
- How would you design a treehouse?
- Why are women’s breasts big and men’s breasts small?
- What is sex?
- Why is the sky either blue or red?
- What language do animals speak?
- Why don’t big clouds fall from the sky? How do clouds stay in the sky?
- If you opened a store, what would you sell?
- If you had a pet dragon, what would you name it?
By the way, remember that when children ask about “wrong, difficult questions” they don’t care much about your answers.
Children’s philosophical questions
- Why are people dying? What is death?
- Why do people get divorced and abandon their children? Why is it forbidden to see mom or dad after a divorce?
- What is hell? Do kids go there? Am I going to hell too? Why does my grandmother scare me with this?
- Why do people fight, kill mothers, fathers, children?
- Can people live peacefully? What needs to be done for this?
- Why do many children’s parents constantly drink?
- Tell me, should children and parents have the same faith or not? Does a teenager have the right to choose her own?
- Who is God? Can he be seen? How to get to know him?
- Why do people get sick? Can people get sick?
- What is a smart and stupid person? Why does my mother sometimes call me smart and sometimes stupid?
Do we also recommend reading What questions do parents want to ask their children?
How to answer children’s questions
Simply and honestly, without deceit. Openness, honesty of parents in the answers will contribute to the openness and honesty of children. Children want to know, to see their parents not behind a “screen” of severity or obscurity. They want to see us the way we are in real life. What we were and what we have become.
Children will never stop asking “why, why, how?” Over time, only the complexity of the questions changes. They don’t ask to pester their parents. Rather, the questions are a genuine desire and an attempt to clarify the unknown for oneself. So, children learn about the world, the people around them, and their parents. They help shape the thinking of the child.
The list of children’s questions in this article establishes a good exchange of thoughts between parents and children. Parents’ answers to these questions will help children see them in ways they never knew before.