Love is a wonderful feeling that is even a fundamental pillar that God shows us in the Bible, look at these beautiful bible verses about love, and enjoy some of the most beautiful phrases in which God speaks to us about love.
- Who does not love, is because he has not yet known God, since God is love. (1 John 4: 8)
- My love, from the moment you looked at me my heart belongs to you. It’s all yours since you wrapped it between the threads of your necklace. (Song 4: 9)
- Let us not love only in words, but in deeds, always for real. (1 John 3:18).
- The main thing is that they have intense love for each other, because love has the power to cover a multitude of sins (1 Peter 4: 8). Love is such a pure feeling that it is capable of overcoming the evil of sins.
- Faith, love and hope are very necessary, of these three the greatest is love (1 Corinthians 13:13). They explain that in the face of the situations that arise, we must maintain ourselves with faith, hope, and especially love.
Table of Contents
- What does the Bible say about love?
- Love verses
- Bible love phrases for couples
- Biblical messages of love
- Biblical love proverbs
- Bible Verses About Love Video
What does the Bible say about love?
Love is not just about romantic feelings, it is something much deeper, you can feel love for a friend, a family member. And the Bible defines it as doing things for someone regardless of the feelings or actions of other people.
As an example of God’s love, we can point to his greatest show of love for us in giving his only begotten son for our sins. Imagine such a sacrifice, knowing that your child would suffer as a mortal for all of us.
Throughout the Bible references to love are made, such as forgiving our enemies, loving God above all things, and loving our fellow men.
Another great proof of love is that despite all the blessings that God does not offer, we always have what they call free will, God offers us the possibility to choose our own decisions. His love is infinite.
Throughout the Bible, both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament, some love verses are described , in which he explains with examples and parables how to love your neighbor and God himself.
- Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous, it does not boast, it does not swell. (1 Corinthians 13: 4) . Someone who loves you will treat you well, he will not boast of having your love, on the contrary, he will thank God for your love.
- Dress in love, because it is a perfect bond of union (Colossians 3:14). Here in the verses before this, reference is made to forgiving failures, having patience, and especially dressing in love.
- With complete humility of mind and gentleness, with great patience, enduring one another in love (Ephesians 4: 2). Similar to the previous verse, love is learning to be tolerant.
Bible love phrases for couples
Many people rightly say that all the answers can be found in the Bible, including those related to love, as an example of this I leave you some beautiful phrases of love from the Bible for couples , I hope you like them.
- So a man will leave his parents, and will cling to his wife, and they must become one flesh (Genesis 2:24). It is the true love union of a couple, starting their own family nucleus.
- True love does no wrong to neighbor; therefore, love is the fulfillment of the law (Romans 13:10). It is the law of loving your neighbor as yourself, you will never harm someone, especially if your neighbor is your partner.
- Be your love without hypocrisy. Abhor what is wicked: cling to what is good (Romans 12: 9). Always offer a pure and honest love, do not make someone believe a love that they do not feel.
Biblical messages of love
You want to dedicate some beautiful messages to your partner, based on the Bible, I invite you to look at these bible verses about love, surely here you will find the answer of what you are looking for, and the precise words to say what you want to express.
- Hate can spark quarrels and differences, but only love has the power to cover all these faults. (Proverbs 10:12)
- Love of money is the root of perdition, those who covet it derail the path of faith and suffer great pain (1 Timothy 6:10)
- It tastes better a plate of humble vegetables where love exists, instead of a fattened ox where hatred exists. (Proverbs 15:17)
- Not all waters can extinguish love, nor will rivers drown it. (Song of Solomon 8: 7)
- True love forgives everything. (Proverbs 10: 2).
Biblical love proverbs
The content of the world’s best-selling book is based on love, if you want the best advice on that topic, search your Bible, and you will find wonderful answers, such as the ones presented to you here, a series of beautiful messages based on biblical love proverbs.
- Love is not unseemly, it is not irritated, it has no desire for revenge, it is not happy with injustice, on the contrary, it is happy with the truth. (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8)
- Let us learn to bear one another in the name of love, with humility and meekness. (Ephesians 4: 2).
- In love there is no place for fear, because love is perfect, and fear involves punishment, whoever fears is not made for love. (1 John 4:18)
- Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church, sacrificing himself for it. (Ephesians 5:25).
- Always, every man must love his wife as himself, and the wife must respect her husband. (Ephesians 5:33).
- Hate leads to the path of strife, while love covers all transgressions. (Proverbs 10:12).
- The first commandment is to love God with all your heart, soul, and mind, and the second commandment is to love your neighbor as yourself.
These are bible verses about love, beautiful messages full of wisdom in love, both as a couple and the love of brothers and friends. When you have doubts about love, in the Bible you will find the best guide to make decisions, since it is inspired by God.