I love my partner. He’s the most important person in my life, and he makes me feel safe, happy and loved. But we also spend a lot of time together – sometimes too much! We know each other so well that it can be hard to find things to do that are new and exciting. That’s why I came up with this list of romantic bets for couples who want to spice up their relationship:
20 bucks for a romantic dinner
- What to do with the money: If you and your partner have been saving up for a special occasion, this is a great way to spend it. Maybe it’s been a while since the two of you have gone out on a date or had an evening alone together. Maybe you want to make sure that your honeymoon plans are secure before tying the knot. Whatever the reason may be, 20 bucks is enough money to make sure both of these things happen!
- How to save money for a special occasion: To save up for something big like this dinner date or even just another day at home together as Mr./Ms., try cutting back on some expenses (cable TV) or finding ways around having them altogether (canning vegetables from last summer). You’ll be surprised how quickly those small changes add up into something substantial!
- Planning ahead: It takes planning ahead so everyone knows what time they need to leave by; where they’re going; what kind of food will best suit everyone’s tastes; etcetera… The more thought put into these details beforehand makes everything run smoother once they’ve arrived at their destination.”
10 bucks for a movie
Movie night is a great way to spend time with your partner. It’s cheap, it’s fun and it doesn’t require much effort!
- Go to the movies on a weekday if you can. Matinee tickets are cheaper than evening ones and you’ll avoid crowds of people who want to see all of the latest releases in one long sitting (which makes for an annoying experience).
- Check out new releases before deciding which one(s) to watch. There are plenty of movies out there that aren’t worth seeing in theaters so do some research before shelling out money for them!
If going out isn’t really your thing or if you just can’t afford it right now:
- Watch movies at home instead! Netflix has tons of options available for streaming; Hulu has even more options available for streaming; Amazon Prime Video has even more options available…you get my point: there are lots of ways besides going out where couples can spend quality time together while still enjoying themselves immensely
30 bucks for a massage
Massages are a great way to relax and relieve stress. They can also be good for your muscles, especially if you’ve been working out or doing physical labor. Massaging each other can be a great way to spend time together, as well as bond with your partner. If you don’t have the money for individual massages, consider getting one 30-minute session together at the same time!
20 bucks to go out with your friends without embarrassing yourself
You’re not going to look down on your friends for drinking. You can have fun without alcohol, and you know that. You don’t need to drink to fit in or feel good about yourself. Your friends will like you more if you treat them like human beings who just want to hang out, rather than some kind of obstacle course where only the most sober contestant can succeed at being cool enough for your approval
15 bucks to host a party
Hosting a party is one of the best ways to spend time with your friends. And it’s not just about the food and drinks–it’s about knowing that everyone will have fun together, whether they’re playing games or just chatting over coffee. Plus, hosting a party at home means you can set up all sorts of activities for people to do (like making their favorite desserts).
So what are some tips for hosting an awesome get-together? First off: make sure there’s enough food and drink! You don’t want anyone having an empty stomach because they were left out of the fun because there wasn’t enough food available at the party. Also remember to consider seating–you don’t want anyone standing around awkwardly while trying not to spill anything on themselves while also trying not knock over any furniture in their path!
20 bucks for a day of hiking at a state park
Hiking is a great way to get exercise and spend quality time with your partner. State parks are plentiful and offer a variety of trails, so you’ll have no problem finding one that suits your needs. If you’re looking for something more challenging, there are plenty of mountains in the area where you can climb up steep slopes or hike along the edge of cliffs. If you prefer something easier on the body but still exciting, try hiking through a forest where there are lots of trees and wildlife–you may even spot some deer!
Hiking is also an excellent way to explore nature together: both humans and animals inhabit our world, so it’s interesting to see them interact with each other while enjoying the beauty around us at the same time.
20 bucks to buy a magazine or book you’ve been wanting
You can buy a magazine or book you’ve been wanting.
You can buy a book on a topic you’re interested in.
You can buy a magazine that you’ve been wanting to read
15 bucks for your favorite pair of jeans (forget about spending money on those cheap ones, they just don’t last)
Jeans are an investment, and it’s important to get the right pair. Don’t buy the cheapest ones, they just don’t last. Instead, try on a few different brands and styles before making your purchase. You’ll be glad you did!
Jeans are an important part of any wardrobe–they can make or break an outfit (and even save your life).
15 bucks to get some coffee and a donut at the local coffee shop
A quick trip to your local coffee shop is a great way to spend 15 bucks. You can get a latte, cappuccino or mocha for $3-$4 and an espresso for $2.50. If you’re feeling adventurous, ask what kind of donuts they have today!
5 bucks for a hot dog at the ballgame
A hot dog is a good snack. You can eat it while you’re watching the game, or bring it with you to eat later in the stands. Hot dogs are also cheap enough that if you want to get one, you won’t feel guilty about it.
They’re also good for a quick meal on the go–and since baseball games tend to last several hours and require walking around a lot, this makes sense!
10 bucks to get your nails done
- Go to a salon and get your nails done. This is a classic date activity that’s enjoyed by many couples, and it doesn’t have to be expensive or fancy. It’s also easy to do: just walk in and ask for an appointment!
- Get both a manicure and pedicure at the same time–or just one of those services if you prefer (I personally think getting both looks great). You can opt for any style of nail art you like–French manicures are popular right now, but there are plenty of other options too. If you want something simpler than that but still special enough for an occasion like this one, consider getting gel polish instead of regular polish; this will allow for more color options as well as durability that lasts longer than regular polish does on its own without chipping off within days/weeks after application depending on how often your hands come into contact with water during regular activities like washing dishes or taking showers etcetera…
20 bucks for a mani-pedi
If there’s one thing men know, it’s that a mani-pedi is a great way to relax. It’s also a nice way to spend time with your significant other and treat yourself. If you don’t have access to a spa or salon near you, try purchasing some nail polish from Amazon and doing it at home!
10 bucks for a haircut
One of the best ways to feel good about yourself is by getting a haircut. You can go to a salon and spend $100 on an hour-long appointment, or you can get one from the local barber.
A good haircut makes you feel more confident in your looks and gives off an air of professionalism–not only does it make people notice how nice your clothes are, but it also helps them see that you take care of yourself! If someone doesn’t like how their hair looks, they’re more likely to change their style or try something else out on their own instead of going through with what they were planning on doing before seeing themselves in the mirror after getting out from under those clippers (which would have cost them around $10).
Who will be the first to be bored?
In a relationship, there’s always the risk of getting bored. It’s inevitable that you’ll eventually get tired of your partner and vice versa.
To avoid this, you should have a game plan in place to make sure that boredom doesn’t creep up on either one of you too quickly. Here are some ideas:
- Who will be first? Try making bets on who will get bored first (and lose). This could include things like “Who will be first to…” or “How long do we have until…”
Who will read the book first?
If you and your partner both want to read the same book, put it in a place where neither of you can see it. Then see who reads it first! If you are the first one to finish, then congratulations! You get to choose what book we read next.
Whoever shows up first with fresh flowers on their anniversary.
This is one of the easiest bets to win, because all you have to do is show up with flowers on your anniversary (or any other special day). If you don’t have an anniversary, use a birthday or other special day instead. Flowers don’t have to be expensive–just thoughtful and from the heart. They’re an easy way for anyone who cares about someone else in their life to say “I love you,” which is why this bet is perfect for couples who want a fun way of showing each other how much they care!
Whoever walks out of the room first on New Year’s Eve.
Whoever walks out of the room first on New Year’s Eve is the loser, and they have to make all the rules for the next year. You can also do this on other special days, like birthdays and anniversaries.
Have your partner do something embarrassing.
- Have your partner do something embarrassing.
- Sing a song in public
- Dance in public
- Do a little jig or jiggle around for the crowd, like you’re at a wedding and the band is playing “YMCA” and everyone else is doing the dance along with it.
- Tell a joke that has nothing to do with anything. Just tell one of those classic jokes with no setup or punchline, just say it out loud because it’s funny when people do that! Or don’t–you could also just make up some nonsense words and pretend they’re words from another language, since everyone knows how hilarious foreign languages are (especially when you don’t know what they mean).
- Make up an entire story about yourself as if someone else were interviewing him/her about his/her life story; this could be done either for real or purely for entertainment purposes (the latter being preferable).
Put a pair of binoculars in their underwear drawer.
- Put a pair of binoculars in their underwear drawer.
- Tell them to look for something that is not there, like a bird or an airplane.
Call them at work and ask for their boss.
Have your partner call you at work and ask for their boss.
- Ask them what they think of the new pope’s haircut.
- Tell them they can’t do anything without you, even though it’s obvious that they already know this and have no intention of doing so anyway.
- Put a pair of binoculars in their underwear drawer (it doesn’t matter if the binoculars don’t fit).
- Have your partner do something embarrassing, like sing “Let It Go” from Frozen while riding on public transportation or walk around with an ice cream cone on their head for no reason at all other than because you told them to do so–and then make sure everyone knows about it!
Tell them they can’t do anything without you.
This is a fun one, but you have to make sure that the tasks are not too hard for them to do without you. For instance, if they need help with their homework or with the laundry, that’s fine. But if you want them to cook dinner and clean up afterwards? That might be pushing it!
When they’re done reading through these things (and laughing), give them some time alone so that they can think about how much they love having you around all day long. Then call up your partner and ask him/her what he/she thinks of your list–you may be surprised by what comes out of his/her mouth next!
Ask them what they think of the new pope’s haircut.
The new pope, Francis, is a pretty big deal. He’s the first Jesuit and Latin American pope ever. But what does his hair have to do with anything?
Well, it turns out that he has some pretty interesting ideas about how we should live our lives–and one of those things is how we treat animals. In fact, he’s so committed to animal rights that he recently banned all meat from being served at Vatican City restaurants! That’s pretty cool if you ask me.
So why not ask your partner what they think of this new pope’s haircut? You can also ask them whether they would ever consider going vegan or vegetarian themselves (if they aren’t already). It might sound like a weird conversation starter at first but I promise: it’ll lead somewhere good!
Give them two days to buy a gift and then make them guess what it is.
You’ll need to give them a budget and make them guess the price of their gift. Then, tell them to guess what it is. Finally, have them guess where they can buy it at the best price. If they get less than half right on all three questions then you win!
The best way to keep your relationship fun is by keeping it fresh. You can do this by trying new things together, and even though some of them may seem silly at first glance, they’re sure to bring out smiles on both of your faces!
Eric Cameron is a passionate relationship coach and counselor with a focus on helping couples reconnect and build strong and lasting relationships. He has years of experience working with couples and helping them to understand the intricacies of healthy relationships. He also provides guidance on how to maintain a healthy relationship and deal with difficult topics. Eric’s approach is tailored specifically to the couple’s needs and he has a wealth of knowledge and experience to draw upon.